Make better products, not assumptions
By the end of this book, you’ll be able to…
- Articulate the benefits of user testing to clients and key stakeholders
- Identify functions and features that would benefit from user testing
- Secure and schedule your ideal test participants with ease
- Prepare all assets for user tests, including prototypes, scripts, and test outlines
- Set up for in-person and remote user tests, including all equipment and tech
- Facilitate valuable user tests with confidence
- Improvise and adapt mid-test to reveal unexpected (and often high-value) discoveries
- Analyze and prioritize your results and turn them into solutions
Deliver insight-rich user tests, every time
Sometimes in-person tests just aren’t possible. A few simple tweaks and reliable tools are all you need to facilitate remote-friendly user tests that deliver results.
Step-by-step action items
Don’t get hung up on what to do next. This book walks you through identifying what you’ll test all the way to distilling your learnings and prioritizing solutions.
We’ve done this enough times to know what works. Save valuable with our collection of templates, including participant outreach email, test outline, and test script.
Table of contents
- Step 1: Define what you’re testing and why
- Step 2: Identify and schedule your test participants
- Step 3: Build your user test and script
- Step 4: Conduct your user test
- Step 5: Analyze and prioritize your results
Sixzero is a user obsessed software design studio based in Vancouver, Canada.
At Sixzero, we believe a designer’s job goes beyond just creating something beautiful. Through user research and intuitive design, our team turns big ideas into amazing products that change lives (seriously, someone told us that once).
In our experience the very best ideas often come from the most unsuspecting places, not from some hotshot designer sitting alone in a room — it’s why we’re so obsessed with user testing.
Do you have an idea you want to turn into an amazing product? Do you have an existing product that could benefit from some user-driven improvements?
Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let’s build something amazing together.